for Monday 18 February 2019
Current notices are listed below. Old notices from the last month (if any) are listed below them.
Roll Return Day - Friday 1st March
an official roll count of students enrolled at our school.
This is an important process as our future funding and staffing
is calculated on these numbers.
If your child, or children are away on Friday 1st March,
please send/email a brief note explaining their absence
(e.g. sickness, appointment, home circumstances etc.)
This is to assure the Ministry of Education that we have
the exact number of students that we say we have.
Technicraft for Yr 7 & 8 students
Swimming Sports 2019
As a staff we are very concerned with the rising drowning rates in NZ this summer. We appreciate that not all students will be confident swimmers, however we believe that all students need to be able to swim to survive. Our senior school swimming goal for 2019 is that each child can swim at least 33 metres with or without a bouyancy aide. Water Safety NZ state that by age 10 a child should be expected to swim at least 50 metres to safety. We will be including Water Safety training as a part of our teaching in Term 1.
Our students have been training daily and this year we will have our senior swimming sports at the Otorohanga Pool, Kakamutu Road, OTOROHANGA. We will be taking the students to the Otorohanga Pool for training practise from next week. All students will be required to attend their classes first session as we are teaching our students confidence in deep water as part of our Water Safety programme. We will have bus transport to and from the pool for years 1-4 (Mangatutu and Naghape) and private cars for Year 5-8 (Wharepuhunga and Bayley).
Korakonui School training days - focus on confidence with deep water safety (3.6m), stamina and diving
Wednesday 13th February 9.30-12.30pm Wharepuhunga & Bayley (leave school 9am return 1.15-1.30pm)
Tuesday 19th February 9.30-11am Wharepuhunga & Bayley (leave school 9am return by 12pm)
Thursday 28th February 9.30-12.30pm Yr5-8 Practise for the Swimming Sports (leave school from 9am return by 1.15pm)
Korakonui Swimming Sports - 10am start racing Monday 4th March 2019 (leave 9.15am return by 2.30pm)
House t-shirts, Tui (blue), Weka (green) and Kiwi (red) are available from the school office for $15 - along with School polo shirts, in green and gold, for $35.
Both can be charged to your school account.
Please email the office if your child requires a shirt.
Korakonui Rugby Club
Rugby Club newsletter can be viewed on our website.
Free Ear Clinic
Free Ear Clinic Service for Children - Term 1
Te Awamutu - Tuesday 19th February and Monday 8th April - St Patricks School, at the Rewi Street entrance from 9am to 2.30pm
For inquiries please phone 07 8383565
Ice Blocks for sale at morning tea on Fridays - $1 each
Term Dates 2019
Term 1 - Tuesday 29th January - Friday 12th April
Term 2 - Monday 29th April - Friday 5th July
Term 3 - Monday 22 July - Friday 27th September
Term 4 - Monday 14th October - Friday 13th December
Notices from the last month:
- Korakonui School Connections This Thursday 18 February 2019 - 21 February 2019
- Board Of Trustees Meeting 14 February 2019 - 21 February 2019
- Korakonui Rugby Club 7 February 2019 - 18 February 2019
- Korakonui Netball Registration & AGM 7 February 2019 - 19 February 2019
- Miniball Term 1 7 February 2019 - 15 February 2019
- Waitangi Day Wednesday 2 February 2019 - 6 February 2019
- Book Club Orders 1 February 2019 - 14 February 2019
- Students Travelling By Bus 1 February 2019 - 15 February 2019
- Term 1 Drum & Guitar Lessons 30 January 2019 - 15 February 2019
- Pokuru School Junior Farmer 2019 30 January 2019 - 7 February 2019
- Sun Hats Available for Purchase 29 January 2019 - 15 February 2019
- After School Bus Arrangments 29 January 2019 - 14 February 2019
- 2019 18 December 2018 - 29 January 2019