Happenings at Korakonui School for Week 5, Term 1 2015.
Below are the notices for today. Notices from the last month (if any) are listed below them.
SwimmingRemember to please bring your togs on Monday ready for Week 5, the last week of swimming lessons with Anne Keene. Our school swimming sports is this Friday 6th March.
Community Library Books
We have a new selection of community library books from Otorohanga Library for you, our parents, to access. This service is free to all members of our community. Please fill in the log book when you choose your read for the week. Such a great variety of books available.
Mathletics ClubMathletics Club will be running on Thursday’s after school, (approx 1 hour), in Term 1 starting Week 6. More details in this weeks Newsletter.
Technicraft this Tuesday
Room 7 students need to be at school by 8.50am on Tuesday at the latest, to catch the bus to technicraft at Otorohanga South School. Remember to wear covered in shoes and bring your tech books.
4 Year Old's This WeekPlease meet Lynley on Wednesday 4th March at 1.30pm in the school library.
School Swimming SportsOur school swimming sports will be held on Friday 6th March commencing at 9.30am. Room 5 are on duty for bringing morning tea items and sausage sizzle at lunchtime. An email asking for Room 5 parent help will be sent on Monday.
Interschool swimming sports - Thursday 19th March at the Te Awamutu Event Centre. Please refer to our school newsletter this week for more details.
Roll Return Day - Monday 2nd MarchTwice a year the Ministry of Education requires schools to complete an official roll count of students enrolled at our school. This is an important process as our future funding and staffing is calculated on these numbers. Monday 2nd March is the next official roll count day. If your child, or children are away on Monday 2nd March please send a brief note explaining their absence (e.g. sickness, appointment, home circumstances etc.) This is to assure the Ministry of Education that we have the exact number of students that we say we have.
School CalendarPlease click on 'SCHOOL CALENDAR' in the menu to the left, to view your parent calendar for Term 1.
Info from our 'Meet the Staff Evening'We had a great evening for our ‘Meet the Staff’ evening with 30 families represented. If you were unable to attend and would like to view the powerpoint Carla shared, please view this in Education Information for Parents ~ Parent Information Evening Presentations on our website. A reminder that if you have any queries these are to be directed to your child’s classroom teacher in the first instance.
Notices from the last month:
- Swimming (27 February 2015 - 07 March 2015)
- Parent Information (27 February 2015 - 06 March 2015)
- Community Library Books (27 February 2015 - 06 March 2015)
- Mathletics Club (26 February 2015 - 12 March 2015)
- Technicraft this Tuesday (26 February 2015 - 03 March 2015)
- 4 Year Old's This Week (26 February 2015 - 04 March 2015)
- School Swimming Sports (26 February 2015 - 07 March 2015)
- Facebook (26 February 2015 - 02 April 2015)
- Roll Return Day - Monday 2nd March (26 February 2015 - 03 March 2015)
- School Calendar (22 February 2015 - 01 April 2015)
- Bring your $1 on Fridays (21 February 2015 - 26 February 2015)
- Room 6 on camp this week (21 February 2015 - 25 February 2015)
- Korakonui Rugby & Netball Club Notices (21 February 2015 - 26 February 2015)
- Did you miss reading last weeks newsletter? (21 February 2015 - 26 February 2015)
- Info from our 'Meet the Staff Evening' (21 February 2015 - 02 April 2015)
- Mind Brain Education Conference (21 February 2015 - 26 February 2015)
- Drumming & Guitar Lessons (15 February 2015 - 21 February 2015)
- Bus Arrangements (15 February 2015 - 21 February 2015)
- Bus Code of Conduct Contracts (15 February 2015 - 21 February 2015)
- Sport Energize Leadership Days (15 February 2015 - 21 February 2015)
- Community Library Books (14 February 2015 - 21 February 2015)
- Inflatable World School Trip (14 February 2015 - 21 February 2015)
- NO School Miniball or Touch teams for Term 1 (30 January 2015 - 05 February 2015)